Tower of the Ice Lord and tea for two with Anne Mok

July 2, 2015

There is a saying that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. That may be a cliche, but just about everywhere in the world, sharing food together is a way for people to celebrate and to connect.

In Tower of the Ice Lord, there are several occasions when Arius and Loren share a meal together, and it becomes a small act of caring that shows their growing bond.

On a slight tangent, I was amused to find that one of my favourite tea shops, Adore Tea, had flavours of tea that seemed to match the characters:

Arius would be Arctic Fire (“the strong minty flavour will invigorate your mind and the sweet undertones will soothe your senses”).

Loren would be Enchanted Garden (“bursting with blossoms and exotic fruits this brew is sure to enchant your mind and spellbind your senses”).

Have there been any memorable meals in your favourite books? Or are there any characters you would love to invite to a dinner party?

Tower of the Ice Lord cover

Tower of the Ice Lord

Buy link: Tower of the Ice Lord
My website: annemok.com

10 Responses to “Tower of the Ice Lord and tea for two with Anne Mok”

1. DK says:

Both those teas sound lovely :) It’s interesting how certain foods and drinks can remind you vividly of a place or time as well. I loved reading Roald Dahl’s descriptions of the local sweet shop from his boyhood, and I remember being awed by the fantastic confections in The Magic Faraway Tree.

2. annemok says:

Hi DK! Oh, I remember the Magic Faraway Tree! I liked the biscuits that burst with honey in your mouth. I see that some people have tried to create the recipe themselves…

3. DK says:

Someone needs to open a shop that sells food inspired by fantasy books :) I’ve seen A Feast of Ice and Fire, the official Game of Thrones cookbook; and Fran Wilde’s blog, Cooking the Books, specialises in discussions on genre fiction and food. https://franwilde.wordpress.com/cooking-the-books/

4. JJ says:

The last one that I can remember is “A Beginner’s Guide to Wooing Your Mate” by R. Cooper, where wolf shifter, Theo, infused his delicious baked goods unknowingly with his emotions. I just wished that I could taste some of the goodies being described.

5. annemok says:

Hi DK! Thanks for the link, that looks like a great blog. I know if I ever go to Harry Potter World, the first thing I want to do is try the butterbeer.

6. annemok says:

Hi JJ! Oh, I love the sound of that story! It reminds me of the saying that if you cook something with love, you can taste it in the food.

Like JJ I also have to say the most recent book I read involving food and connection was How to Woo Your Mate by R. Cooper, Appetite series by Talya Andor and the Tales of the Curious Cook book anthology.

8. annemok says:

Hi H.B.! Thanks for the recommendations, they all sound like fun stories. I like the idea of rival chefs in love.

9. Su says:

I love EM Lynley’s Delectable Series, food related romance stories, as she gives a few recipes at the end which includes a few allergies related recipes as well.

10. annemok says:

Hi Su! That’s such a great idea to have the recipes available at the end of the story. When I read about delicious foods, I often wish I could make them myself too.