Who Am I?

May 26, 2015

Sometimes I wonder who I am. One of these days I need to decide what I want to do when I grow up because the years seem to keep rush past all to quickly. During the week I spend my days working at a small organization in downtown Washington, DC. My office is a block or so from the White House so we’re right in the heart of the city and most days I hear motorcades rushing past just outside my window.

In the ideal world I wouldn’t have to go to the daytime job but could stay home and write, take pictures of hot men for use on book covers, and yes, even clean the house occasionally even though the dog hates the vacuum cleaner. But instead I’m sitting in a demo of a new piece of software. My job is to help people find technical solutions to problems they have. In other words, I help people spend money.

Right now I’m helping some folks find the right software to host their large and complicated website. Since they’re looking at spending more than a quarter of a million dollars they are eager to get it right. I’ve done this for years and I’m good at it, but I’d still rather be writing, even though writing doesn’t earn most people much money. So I go to my office to pay the mortgage and keep the dog in treats.

When not working, I love to read, write, photograph handsome men, and even occasionally travel. My goal is to see as much of this world of ours as possible. So far I’ve been to 29 countries and 46 of the 50 US states. I love meeting people even though I’m fairly shy and reserved. So in a nutshell, that’s me.

11 Responses to “Who Am I?”

Yeah, an ideal world wouldn’t that be nice ;)

You said you love to read what is your favorite genre and who are your favorite suthors?

Suthors has to be authors. I was to quick in posting LOL

3. MikeM says:

Great question. I love gay romance and read a lot of those. Probably my overall favorite genre is science fiction and within that time travel. I’m not so much into fantasy but rather like hard science fiction.

I discovered the m/m genre last year and i was hooked from the start :)
    Of your own books what is the one you are most proud off?

5. MikeM says:

Angela, Great question! I don’t have any one particular style so all of my stories are different. If I had to pick one I would probably pick You Can’t Go Home Again, one of my more recent books. An earlier book, Little Squirrels Can Climb Tall Trees, is radically different and is my all time best seller. I adore that book but not everyone likes it. Even years after initial publication it still sells hundreds of copies every quarter. I adore the characters in that book. After that I’d probably pick my book entitled Book Fair; one of the characters in that book has been more popular than any other character I’ve ever written.

I have “You Can’t Go Home Again” on my ereader i will have to start that one soon. I just bought “Little Squirrels Can Climb Tall Trees” (great deal on Dreampinner Press) so that is also on my ereader.

I wish there were more hours in a day to read LOL

7. MikeM says:

I loved the recent books for a buck sale that Dreamspinner ran. When Elizabeth asked me if I wanted to participate I eagerly agreed. Little Squirrels sold several hundred copies in that sale. I know what you mean that I wish there were more hours in the day. Whatever number of hours I have, I always need twice that many.

That’s so true :)
    And if Dreamspinner keep giving great deals there will never be enough hours.

Nowadays i buy almost all my books in ebook for the obvious reasons like storage, simple one click buy and you can read.
    But i also love to have a book in my hand and smell the paper and see that the book has been read. What do you prefer? Ebook or Paperback?

9. MikeM says:

I know what you mean. My iPad is full of books waiting to be read. Nothing can replace the tactile sensation of holding a book, feeling the paper, flipping the actual page. But I also know that if I had every book I owned as a printed book that I’d need another house to hold all of them. What I do is start with ebooks and if I really love a book, when there is a sale I buy a hardcopy to put on my bookshelf.

Thank you for sharing a bit about yourself. If you’re good with something I say stick with it and actually it kind of sounds like a fun job.

11. MikeM says:

I’m good at it. My chief problem is I’ve done it so long that I’m bored. But I guess that goes with being an adult.