#1 Welcome to Renae Kaye’s Blog Party

November 28, 2014

G’day, friends!  **waving madly**  It’s Renae Kaye here, coming to you from all the way in Perth, Western Australia.

To celebrate my latest release, Safe In His Arms I’m throwing a Blog Party.   **throws confetti in the air**

confetti2

Dreamspinner have kindly loaned me their blog for the day so I can party hard.

I guess it’s kind of like someone lending you their place for your party. No clean up!  I’m sold.  **wink**

But it’s my first blog party with Dreamspinner, so you need to be kind to me and not ask too many hard questions.  I’m going to be hanging around, answering all your questions and having a chat.

So, first things first.  Why am I having a party?

TO CELEBRATE  **throws more confetti**

Celebration

You see today is the release of my new novel, Safe In His Arms.  Not only am I excited to bring this book to you, I have to admit it is finally a relief.  In my house we don’t have “Release Days,” we have “Freak Out Fridays” or “Meltdown Mondays.”  I don’t do good with nerves.

So what is Safe In His Arms about?

SafeInHisArms_postcard_front_DSP

Blurb:

In the late-night quiet of the caravan park shower room, Lon Taylor washes away the filth of the Western Australian mines. He’s not looking for anyone, but when Casey offers, Lon doesn’t turn him down.

Welcoming the young man in his big, hairy arms, Lon provides a safety to Casey that he has never known, and Casey wants to stay forever. Still reeling from the breakup of his family years ago, Lon’s not sure he’s ready for the responsibility of the comfort and security Casey craves.

But perhaps Lon can risk opening his heart again and hoping for a brighter future. Casey has some pretty big skeletons in his past to deal with.  And Lon wonders what Casey will do when he finds out how badly Lon failed at protecting the ones he loved eight years ago.

Don’t you love the cover?  OMG!  I had someone tell me they ovulated instantly from looking at the cover.  I wouldn’t have put it quite that way, but I know what they mean.  Hooly Dooly!  It’s a hot cover, and I have to sincerely thank Anna Sikorska for creating it for me.  I am totally getting this one blown up and framed on my wall.

For those who don’t know me, a quick summary is that I’m an Aussie, and popular opinion is I’m ready for the mad-house.  Safe In His Arms is my fourth novel to be released this year.  I’ve also released a short story in the anthology, A Taste Of Honey.  I’m known for my humour and my (winks at my editor) Australian spelling.  LOL.  If you see a spelling mistake in my blog, it’s deliberate.  It’s how we do it Down Under (which is my story and I’m sticking to it).

But if you’re interested in picking up any of my previous titles, here are the covers and links to the Dreamspinner site so you can check out the blurbs and **hint hint** buy if you want to.

(Link to Dreamspinner’s store.  Link to Amazon.)

Now, I love to chat, so don’t be shy.  Don’t worry if you’re off topic.  Don’t worry if you think it is a silly question.  Ask away in the comments below, and I’ll be around to answer them.  If I don’t answer straight away, never fear.  I’m probably off making the kids some lunch or something (remember I’m in a totally different time zone to America).

I’ve prepared a series of blog topics to go off every 30 minutes, so have a look below and come and chat with me.

1.  Welcome to the party!
2.  Have a drink and some Aussie food.
3.  Excerpt and one-night stands.
4.  Music and character inspirations.
5.  Finding a life balance – writing and parenting.
6.  Writing myself into a book, with excerpt.
7.  What am I currently writing?
8.  Australian Christmas celebrations.
9.  Writing M/M.
10.  Thanks for attending my party.

Now – I have a question for YOU.  How was your Thanksgiving?

We don’t have Thanksgiving in Australia, so I’m really interested in what you did for the day.  So drop me a comment below.  Be sure to watch for my blog about Australian Christmases.

I’m offering TWO lucky party-goers a free eBook: reader’s choice of any of my books.

To enter, you need to follow along on the blog and ANSWER the question given on THREE of the blog posts.  Each post has a question (and there’s 10 blogs – so it will be easy), and just comment after the blog within the next 24 hours, and you could win a copy of any of my books.  Your choice of which one.

How to contact Renae:

Email:  renaekaye@iinet.net.au

Website:  www.renaekaye.weebly.com

FB:  www.facebook.com/renae.kaye.9

Twitter:  @renaekkaye

50 Responses to “#1 Welcome to Renae Kaye’s Blog Party”

1. Yvonne says:

Well, I’ve made it to the party but haven’t managed to finish ‘Safe’ yet. 60% in and I’m loving it. As it’s 11 pm here I probably won’t be around for long but am looking forward to reading the blog posts tomorrow.

I still enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving meal – turkey, stuffing (or dressing, depending on your regional preference), cranberry sauce, pecan pie, etc. I’ve also had pizza on Thanksgiving, but not this year.

3. Antonia says:

Safe in His Arms sounds great and I’m looking forward to reading it. Thanksgiving was lovely, thanks! I spent the day with family at my parents’ house, cooking, hanging around and eating. We’re Italian-American so there’s a pasta course in addition to the usual turkey – lots of food! But generally a nice, quiet day with family.

4. JJ says:

Hi Ranae! Party time! I had a nice quiet Thanksgiving and have avoided the madness of going out to the stores for the day after Thanksgiving sales aka Black Friday here in the US. Although, I am checking out possible web specials.

5. Renae Kaye says:

Hey Yvonne! Hey Susan!!

Welcome to the party!

6. JJ says:

Hi Renae! Party time! I had a nice quiet Thanksgiving and have avoided the madness of going out to the stores for the day after Thanksgiving sales aka Black Friday here in the US. Although, I am checking out possible web specials.

7. JenCW says:

Hi Renae!

Thank you for the great opening post! I spent Thanksgiving with my husband and child at my in-law’s house. My mother-in-law usually rules the kitchen, but I spent most if the day helping her prepare various dishes this year. My husband and father-in-law played with my son while talking work issues together and watching the Macy’s parade and football game. When the turkey was done at 2 pm we finished cooking everything and sat down to eat around 3 pm. After we all stuffed ourselves silly, we had pumpkin pie and went to watch some football while my father-in-law cleaned up. I called my parents to wish them Happy Thanksgiving.

8. Renae Kaye says:

Hey guys! Oh – a quiet Thanksgiving at home with LOTS of food sounds like my heaven.

9. stella says:

Hi Renae! Congrats on your new release! OMG the cover! I saw it for the first time three days ago, I confess I didn’t even read the blurb, but I run in one of the Goodreads group and beg for a Buddy Read. I can’t wait!
    I read Bear Chasing and I still hope in a sequel, pleaase?
    oh, one more thing. I fell in love with Jay, one of my fave books.

10. Renae Kaye says:

Hi Guys! **waving** It’s only 6am here, so I’ve tumbled myself out of bed to say hello!

11. Emmett says:

Kia Ora.

Sorry I’m late had to find the place first. Thanks for inviting me. Like you Aussies we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving.
    To damn hot to cook a chook anyways!!
    Congratulations on your book release Renae

12. I had two Thanksgivings (I have friends who work retail, and we celebrate together the weekend before). But really the offerings were pretty standard. Turkey/gravy, mashed potatos, stuffing (bread stuffing and meat stuffing. My husband comes from a French/Canadian family and the meat stuffing is what they have — he swears it’s not Thanksgiving without it). some sort of veggie dishes I won’t go near. I make a macaroni and cheese (the first dinner got a maple bacon one, the one yesterday was with cabernet soaked cheddar). Lots of pie.

13. Renae Kaye says:

Stella – **waving** Bear Chasing?? You need a sequel?? I haven’t thought of it, but your wish is my command. Make sure you read on the next blogs to see about Jay and and spinoffs I have planned…

14. Renae Kaye says:

Yvonne – I hope to see you later on the party posts then. I hope you love the rest of Safe. <3 <3

15. Renae Kaye says:

Now the blog posts are going off every 30 minutes – so remember to pop along to the next blog and have a read and chat.

16. Renae Kaye says:

Emmett – we’ve actually had thunderstorms here lately, so I’ve had to pull the jumpers back out! LOL.

Ashavan – so tell me – is the food or the company that makes it a special thanksgiving?

17. Marinieves says:

Hi Renae !

Thank you for the invite … Looking forward to reading Safe In His Arms and your other titles that are burning my Kindle.
    I have to say The Blinding Light is one of my favorite books this year.

18. Marinieves says:

Oh sorry … hi to everyone else too !

19. Renae Kaye says:

Hi Marinieves (PS – I love your name. I say it like 20 times in my head each time I type it). I hope you enjoy Safe and the others. Pop over to the next blog post and come and have a drink,

20. Maria says:

I just finished SIHA. Skipped the office christmas party tonight for it :) . I love the Australian slang. It adds that extra something. Don’t let them edit you too much. I will be going to bed now as it is past midnight in my part of the world and hopefully dream of large hary men.

21. Renae Kaye says:

Maria – the BEST reason for skipping the office party. “Sorry boss, I had a date with a book boyfriend – actually two!”

22. Renae Kaye says:

Talking of Australian slang – my editor and I get on quite well about it now. She tells me when something is just not going to work, and I have to find solutions to some of the problems. “Trash” and “Rubbish” were one of the slang things that came up several times with Safe.

23. Lucy Marker says:

Congrats on your release! It’s already on Dreamspinner’s Bestseller’s Page!

24. Renae Kaye says:

Thanks Lucy! I haven’t seen DSP’s bestseller page. Oh the joys of being asleep when the rest of the world is awake.

No Thanksgiving in the Netherlands so to answer your question it was just another weekday for me. I did all the things i usually do on a weekday nothing to glamorous i’m afraid just taking of our house and our 3 children, making sure they went to school ok etc. etc.

26. Calila says:

My thanksgiving was boring. It’s not really one of my favorite holidays. So we didn’t even up doing anything for it.

I do love Safe In Your Arms’ cover!

This is probably an “evil” question, but I don’t think I’ve ever read one of your books….YET. (Keyword right there lol) What is the ONE book of yours that you would recommend to first time readers?

27. Calila says:

Safe In His Arms’ cover****** Sorry for the typo!

28. Debra E says:

Congratulations on the new release Renae! I’m so looking forward to reading this! I had 20 people at my house for Thanksgiving so things were crazy here. I’m still cleaning up!

29. Jason says:

my thanksgiving was in October, the weekend before GRL but I think we should be thankful every day.

30. Renae Kaye says:

Angela – LOL – sounds like my usual day too.

Calila – :D Safe’s cover is beautiful, isn’t it? OMG I love it. If you haven’t read me before… Hmm – maybe start with The Blinding Light. That is pretty middle of the road for all. Loving Jay is silly and fluffy. The Shearing Gun scares a lot of people with “those sheep”, but really, it’s just a background. Safe is a little more emotional and darker subjects. So go with The Blinding Light. ;)

31. Renae Kaye says:

Debra E – no no no – no cleaning allowed! Come and party with us. 20 people for thanksgiving? You’ll have to read on and see my Christmases.

Jason – yes. You are so right. I try to be thankful every day. I hope you had a good one in October!

32. Calila says:

@Renae – I am a basketcase today! I swear I don’t understand my brain sometimes. I HAVE read The Blinding Light and did LOVE it. 5 * rating from me. I really should check these things before I comment. *hides embarrassed face*

33. JD Ruskin says:

I love that cover! Thanksgivings was with my family, three dogs, and cat. I think the dogs ate more turkey than me! congrats on the release!

34. How was my Thanksgiving you ask well with my disfunctional family you know if you weren’t stuffing your face or out shopping you were getting drunk and getting into arguments and getting drunk.

35. Renae Kaye says:

JD – thanks. Thanksgiving with the family – humans and pets – sounds lovely! Glad you could pop by. ;)

36. Trix says:

We went to my brother’s house, so I thought it would be simple…but we actually ended up cooking quite a bit. Huge crowd, too, so I had some sensory overload. The quiet today is good, though…

37. Janet B says:

Hey Renae.
    Great party. I will be looking to snag a few sausage rolls and maybe a handfull of chicken chips.
    I LOVED Safe in His Arms. I devoured it today and it was thrilling enough to break through my sinus migraine and gave my a wonderful break from pain.
    As I am another Canadian no thanksgiving for me, but it is the unofficial signal that its now okay to decorate for Christmas, so as soon as I feel bettervthat will be on deck.

38. Susie Ritzko says:

Hi Renae! Wonderful party! That cover is indeed drool worthy…gorgeous man! And the book sounds like just my cup of tea

39. VS Morgan says:

Hi Renae,
    Literally just finished reading Safe in his Arms. Loved it! Congrats on your new release!

40. Renae Kaye says:

Trix – sensory overload – gosh yes. That is what my Christmas is like.

Janet – Sorry about the migraine. Hubby gets them and so we spend our lives avoiding the various triggers. I’m glad you loved Safe! <3 <3

Susie – Isn't the cover DEEE-vine????

VS – {hugs} Thx! :D Are you joining the party?

41. VS Morgan says:

Yes, I am. So my thanksgiving was very nice. My hubby actually loves to cook the traditional meal so I had time to do other things, like read The Shearing Gun yesterday and finishing this morning. Another great read!

42. Denise Dechene says:

Thanksgiving was good this year. My two grown daughters were here and my husband cooked. We generally don’t have a typical feast. Most of us aren’t fans of turkey. So my daughters requested their dad make Chinese pork loin. The sides were stuffing, spaghetti squash and cheese, coleslaw, and homemade cranberry sauce. For dessert my daughter had made a Bourbon chocolate pecan pie which we topped with salted caramel ice cream and whipped cream (very decadent, rich and to die for). It was a nice day. Then my daughter dragged me to the mall for some shopping. She got a great buy on a Michael Kors wool coat-$165 off the prize. So Thanksgiving 2014 was a win.

43. L J Harris says:

Hello Renae! *waves* like you I’m down under so I don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, but it gives me the chance to buy turkey for Christmas :) Congratulations on the release of your newest book. I will be devouring it tonight! All the best! <3

44. Sula says:

*Waves* frantically from the UK and like you we do not celebrate Thanksgiving but wishing a happy Thanksgiving to all those that do :D

I think that cover might need a health warning, or maybe a virtual paper bag covering it, LOL, as it is pretty hot without being nsfw ;)

Congratulations on your new release its on my wish list already :)

45. Andrea M says:

My husband and I cooked turkey, dressing, potatoes, turnip greens, 2 pies and a fruit/gelatin salad just for us. We cooked, watched football, ate, watched more football, then we flopped on the couch and napped through yet another football game.

46. kek219 says:

Thanksgiving was great. Spent the day watching movies and reading books. It’s my favorite holiday AND every few years, it’s also MY BIRTHDAY!

47. Diane says:

I missed the party but have enjoyed reading all your posts–and learned a lot! Thanksgiving was nice–love having 2 days off from work. And am thankful for the awesome cover on your new book! It definitely caught my attention. Looking forward to reading it.

48. Susie Q says:

Just wanted to let you know that the above post from Susie Ritzko is me too, just on a different device lol

49. BabyBarlow says:

Hi Renae!! Congrats for your new release!!!!
    I’m Spanish so I don’t celebrate Thanksgiving!!!

50. Jillian T says:

My Thanksgiving was wonderful. Everyone was very happy and relaxed. Our dinner was perfect without any accidents.