Release Day! A Matter of When

September 15, 2014

Hot rockers!

Do I have your attention? From my early teenaged years whenever my friends and I got together, sooner or later we’d bring up the topic of our favorite singer/drummer/guitarist, etc. What is it about rock musicians? Is it the way they strut onstage? The tight clothes? The larger than life personalities?

Or is it the way the music speaks to our souls? Through the music and the words, they seem to connect with us on a soul-deep level. Sometimes too deeply, as stories of crazed fans prove.

Hi, I’m Eden Winters, new on the blog., and though many years have passed, I’m still a big fan of rockers. Like Henri Lafontaine. Oh, you haven’t heard of him? Allow me to fill you in:

Wealth. Fame. Gold record. Hookers and Cocaine front man Henri Lafontaine has it all…including a control freak manager, band members who smile as they sharpen blades for his back, and last but damn well not least, a fan out to steal his heart. Literally. Trying to write hit songs and plan a comeback in the midst of the hi-fi white noise of LA feels more like watching his world implode, until he’s offered a month in the Colorado Rockies for vocal coaching.

Sebastian Unger’s rich, classically trained tenor inspires wicked thoughts. More than a pretty choir boy, he cracks the whip without hesitation to drive tattooed bad-boy Henri to give his all to his music. Working, fighting, and finally establishing a fragile peace, they find inspiration and perhaps more in each other. But the clock is ticking. Time will pull Henri back to the grit and gold of LA’s mean streets and fame machine, while Sebastian must return to the opera circuit, where a mysterious man known as “the patron” holds far too much sway. Only the trust they’ve built on a handful of notes bridges their two worlds…and shields them from malice.

A Matter of When400x600

Want to know more about Henri? Well, you’re in Luck! Today is release day at Dreamspinner Press for A Matter of When, the story of Henri and Sebastian.

Ebook from Dreamspinner Press

Print from Dreamspinner Press

Amazon

All Romance eBooks

Back in my day, the hot bands were Kiss, Boston, Journey, and The Eagles. Now I’m more likely to listen to Black Veil Brides.  Which rock group is your favorite, and why? Do they have a special song that speaks to you?

9 Responses to “Release Day! A Matter of When”

1. Doug Starr says:

Congrats on the release.

Howie Day is the musician who moves me the most. I saw him in concert at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC. It was early on in his career, before he’d become commercially known. He had a mixing board on the floor and mixed tracks while performing. He was a one-man back-up band. It was amazing. Madrigal is my favorite song of his. It has a dreamy quality to it. Fluid and mellifluous.

2. Stella says:

Ehi Eden, congrats on your new release! It sounds really good! Being Italian, I have a few fave Italian rock bands, but I love the Kiss, some of their songs are so beautiful.

I would have to say REM; one of their songs (Losing my Religion) got me through a really difficult time in my life.

Hi Eden! Congrats on the new release.

I’m all over the place with music but my favorites are: The Cure, The Killers, Muse, Arctic Monkeys, Jack Mannequin, and Augustana. I like them all either for their lyrics or just the instrumental parts in their songs

5. Susie Q says:

Favorite band has been U2 for forever. And the song Pride always moves me to tears but there is a song on one of their albums that wasn’t a big hit but I love it…song called A Sort of Homecoming. Congrats on the new release, Eden, can’t wait to read it!

6. edenwinters says:

I think my favorite band ever is Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. Their music has gotten me through some really rough times.

7. Sula says:

Hi Eden, congratulations on your new book :)

I am a bit of an eclectic music lover, but classical is more my interest, so sadly I have to look up some of the musicians mentioned and often it might just one track that catches my attention rather than all their music. For instance I have like a Who cover recording of Behind Blue Eyes by Limp Bizkit and then I like listening to the bluegrass soundtrack for ‘Oh Brother, Where Art Thou. I also like Shane Mack, who composed and sang a number of the songs from the film Shelter.

8. Jen CW says:

Congrats on the new release! I love almost all types of music, but I’m definitely a classic rock and hard rock girl. My favorite band of all time in Metallica though. There are a number of their songs that speak to me, and especially did as a teen and twenty-something.

9. edenwinters says:

Oh yes, Jen, Metallica! Sula, I love classical as well as many other types of music. If y’all are in the mood for something different, give a listen to Apocaliptica’s version of Metallica’s Enter Sandman. On cellos!