Pre-release Party for Iron and Ether

September 11, 2013

Good morning/afternoon everyone! My name is Augusta Li (most people call me Gus), and I’m taking over the blog today to celebrate the upcoming release of the third book in my Blessed Epoch series, Iron and Ether. Throughout the day I’ll have some things to give away as well as a discount code.

To start, I’ll introduce myself. I have been an author here at Dreamspinner for a few years now, and I have seven novels published along with some shorter works. I’ve dabbled a little bit in various genres, but fantasy is my great love. I enjoy the world-building, the epic struggles, and placing my characters in larger than life situations where their actions and decisions will potentially alter the world they inhabit. I like exploring theories of magic and military strategy. My work is usually fairly bloody, heavy on action and adventure, with the romantic plot interwoven and inseparable from the main plot. If you’re interested in seeing what I’ve done, my books with Dreamspinner are here.

Though I travel a lot, I currently live in Pennsylvania.  Early autumn is one of my favorite times of the year where I live. It’s pleasant during the day and cool enough for a fire at night, the leaves are just starting to change color, and pumpkins and chrysanthemums are for sale at all of the stores. In the parks and outside the city, the air has a faint maple scent. I love the smell of autumn leaves; it’s one thing I will absolutely miss when I move away from this area.

What about you guys? Do you love autumn, or are you sad to see summer end?

For me, summer is convention season. I love conventions, love the opportunity to see old friends and make news, to talk to fellow authors and readers about books and publishing. I leave every conventions with a wealth of new ideas and a ton of happy memories. However, they mean a lot of traveling and a lot of work. By this point in the year, I find myself looking forward to quiet time at home to read, write, and draw. Also, Halloween is around the corner and I need the time for costuming! Who else here still dresses up every chance they get? Me, I have more costumes than actual clothes.

I’m very happy to be here today, and I hope to have some great conversations with you guys. Feel free to ask me anything, and I’m open to requests, if there’s something you’d like me to post.

Any of my readers out there today? Anybody new to my work? Welcome. I think today will be fun. Here are some pictures of me, if you’re interested.

13 Responses to “Pre-release Party for Iron and Ether”

Fantasy is my favorite genre and fall is my favorite season. I too love Halloween, but stopped doing the costume thing when I moved to care for my aging mother. But I even wore costumes when I taught college!

2. Cy says:

Aaaannnddd… Gus is a hottie who also writes one of favorite series… EVER!!!

3. Andrea M says:

I have Snowdrop and Boots for the Gentleman and enjoyed both of them very much. Regarding seeing summer come to an end, I am definitely looking forward to it. Living in Florida can make you love winter, such as it is here.

4. Gus says:

Susan–That’s great! Your students probably loved it!

5. Traci says:

I have to admit that I haven’t read your books yet. I bought the first 2 books of the Blessed Epoch series because I love fantasy books. Since I also love m/m/m books I couldn’t resist.And the covers for your books are absolutely wonderful.
    When I saw that the 3rd was about to come out I decided to wait a few weeks so I could read them one after the other. Fall is my favorite time of year, I love the fall colors.

6. Gus says:

Thanks so much, Andrea! I bet you’re ready for some relief from the heat. It actually gets really hot here in the summer too, but the fall is perfect.

7. Gus says:

Cy: <3 That is all.

8. Issa says:

A reader here looking for some warm fuzzies from you LOL. I’ve enjoyed the Blessed Epoch series, but got pretty wigged out by where Duncan and Yarrow ended in the last one. Seems the boys are getting pulled more and more apart. Is there hope or is it getting worse before it gets better?

9. Gus says:

Issa–I assume you mean how things ended in Ash and Echoes? I’m trying to be careful here and not spoils it for anyone else, LOL. That, er, situation does continue for a while into Ice and Embers, and it certainly isn’t hopeless for the characters. I won’t say their happiness isn’t going to be difficult and hard-won, because with some of the circumstances of their lives, they are always going to have difficulties to face.

10. Issa says:

WordPress ate my first response so I typed it again and forgot some of what I put the first time. Ugh. So yeah, my comment totally does not make sense. Take two. I was meaning the end of Ice and Embers and, wow how to ask without spoiling, Yarrow and and Duncan had to do some things that seem to be mechanisms to pull them farther apart then bring the boys together. So how much pain are you going to put those poor boys through? Any idea how many books before it’s all puppies and rainbows for them?

11. Gus says:

Issa–Now I know what you are referring to :) I think…

I don’t know if they live in a world or a society where they’re ever going to completely get the rainbows. It’s a rather violent world, and they aren’t technically allowed to be together. The newest book, Iron and Ether, is primarily Sasha’s, so it’s rather the bloodiest one so far.

Sasha does NOT do that thing I think you’re referring to though.

There is a sense of some closure at the end of Iron and Ether. Not everything is resolved, but they do get a happy moment,

12. Traci says:

How many more books in the series? I hope there will be more if everything is not resolved.

13. Gus says:

Traci–I’m not sure how many, but there will absolutely be more. There’s a lot left to resolve, but I like at least a sense of closure every third book.