Get Lost on the Dream Beaches with Lex Chase

June 18, 2015

Hello Internet! I’m Lex Chase, and this month we’re talking about this month’s Dreamer theme, Dream Beaches.

Think fast! You were in a plane crash on a deserted island, out of your limited supplies, what two books can you not live without? The easy answer is you have them. They were in your luggage.

But!

Charlie Pace photo Charlieboomahhhwhat.gif

What if your luggage didn’t make the connecting flight and was sitting happily at the airport in Sydney? Now what?

Here you go. Dig deep. Tell me what books would you have then? What books do you think other survivors might have? Do you think there would be someone you could bond with over a certain author? Or would you discover a totally new to you author with a book you absolutely adore…only to find out it’s a book from the middle or even the end of the series! And here you are, stuck on this deserted island with 48 other survivors awaiting rescue that may or may not arrive.

And there’s whispers about a smoke monster out there…

What?

Wait a minute… Out of 48 survivors there has to be someone into gay romance, right?

Dream Survivor

Is seems the Island has answered! Remember, everything happens for a reason.

Dream Survivor 2

Fairy tale princess guys and effeminate gender-fluid cannibals? The Island has spoken and how!

But there’s another unanswered mystery…

Swan Station Failsafe Key

….Just what the frig do you do with this thing? There’s a guy around here babbling about a hatch.

Desmond Hume

Oh yeah. That guy. He is a bit weird in that cute damaged sort of way.

So, you’re stuck on this Island of Mystery and might as well get used to the insanity and lack of Internet. With your limited reading material available to you, just what do you hope to find?

For a chance at a $10 USD Dreamspinner Gift Certificate, my question is two-fold! Ready?

If you were stranded on a presumably deserted island devoid of smoke monsters and hatches, what two books would you want with you? And the second part is if you couldn’t have those books, what two books would you hope to find instead? Dig deep!

Tune in next month as we get off the Island and celebrate the American Dream. Did someone say baseball?

Photo Credits:

Lost Gifs and Graphics courtesy of ABC Television and Bad Robot

Beach Photography by Lex Chase

Modeling by Mae Wynn Talley

No polar bears were harmed in the writing of this post. But yes, those copies of Americana Fairy Tale and Chasing Sunrise took a dunk in the Gulf of Mexico and are still drying out. They have made a noble sacrifice in the name of art.

21 Responses to “Get Lost on the Dream Beaches with Lex Chase”

I’d want The Fellowship of the Ring and The Return of the King because Tolkien. If I couldn’t have those, I’d hope to find the wet copies of Americana Fairy Tale and Chasing Sunrise, knowing my own copies were safe and dry at home.

2. Trix says:

I’d want some sort of omnibus with plenty of advice on first aid and what’s edible on that particular island. Then, I’d go for Dave Bidini’s TROPIC OF HOCKEY, since the whole subtext of finding what you love in unlikely places would make me feel better. If I couldn’t have those…well, then, I’d want to be surprised (pleasantly, of course). I’ve been pretty control-freaky about my reading for a while…

Great post and a difficult question LOL

The two books i would want with me are:
    Frog by Mary calmes, i love this book, Weber need i say more?
    Red dirt heart serie by NR Walker, Aussie cowboys ;)

I would hope to find:
    The last Thing he Needs by JH Knight A brother fighting for his family and a cop, what more do you need :)
    The Shearing Gun by renae Kaye, Hot Aussie farmer and a cute doctor ;)

4. Milica says:

I would take Picture of Dorian Gray and Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier.

And as for those I wish to find…Complete Notebooks of Leonardo da Vinci with actual drawings (this would be so cool) and Mark of Cain by Kate Sherwood (gotta have some romance too)…

5. Jen says:

Tough question…I would take Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and the Whyborne and Griffin series by Jordan L Hawk. (If I could not take the entire series, I would take the first book – Widdershins.)

I would hope to find the next two books in the Whyborne and Griffin series (future releases that I have not read).

Thanks!

6. Jillian Too says:

I would want Outdoor Life: The Ultimate Survival Manual and Pride and Prejudice. If I could find two books I would want Frog by Mary Calmes and Ethan, Who Loved Carter by Ryan Loveless.

7. Lex Chase says:

Definitely good choices, Susan. :D Maybe you could con your fellow survivors into a dramatic reenactment of Americana and Chasing Sunrise. Maybe get one of the guys to wear a grass skirt? ;D

8. Lex Chase says:

A survival guide would be useful Trix! What about a guy that went on a walkabout in Sydney and checked a case full of knives? He’d be useful! What about finding Are You There God, It’s Me Margaret and Watership Down? The Island is a cruel mistress!

9. Lex Chase says:

Oh Angela! Such wishful thinking! Maybe there was a Pride weekend in Sydney. There would be a high chance of like minded survivors. :D

10. Lex Chase says:

Oh man, Milica, I’d totally want Di Vinci’s journals. Maybe you’d find them in one of the mysterious hatches? Just look out for those mysterious “Others.” ;D

11. Jim Evans says:

hmmm. This is not easy at all. My first two choices would be “What To Say When You Talk To Your Self”
    by Dr. Shad Helmstetter (because I want to have decent conversations with myself; I wouldn’t want to offend me, LOL). and “Living Without the Screen: Causes and Consequences of Life without Television” by Marina Krcmar – because I am a certified addict for television watching. and if I could NOT have those, I would choose “The Smoked-Foods Cookbook: How to Flavor, Cure and Prepare Savory Meats, Game, Fish, Nuts, and Cheese” by Park, Lue and Ed (so I won’t starve, guess I should have thought of that first!); and the other alternative choice would be “Robinson Crusoe” (because I REALLY want my guy Friday to find me!!!!)

12. Lex Chase says:

Jordan’s books would be an awesome find Jen! Maybe you could find the audio book on an iPod that survived the crash. But then what would you do if the battery died?

13. Lex Chase says:

Would you be going on a walkabout in the outback too Jillian? Such a good idea! Maybe you could team up with another survivor to find food and water. Maybe some tasty tasty boars!

14. Lex Chase says:

Hahah! Awesome Jim! I think you, Trix, and Jillian could totally team up to make sure the survivors won’t starve! Hopefully among the 48 survivors, love could be in the air! :D

I should probably say a survival guide since I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to survive long in the great outdoors…but I’m not. I would hope I have Volume 2 of Mary Calmes A Matter of Time and Mystic and Rider by Sharon Shinn. I would like to find survival guide or well maybe a book about purifying water and/or hunting or what to expect if I get stuck on a deserted island and maybe a shifter romance (m/m preferred).

16. JenCW says:

I would want a copy of Beyond Duty by SJD Peterson and Fish & Chips by Abigail Roux. I would hope to find a copy of Perfect Imperfections by Cardeno C and a Survival guide. :-)

17. Cia Nordwell says:

I’d take The Complete Works of William Shakespeare and Outlander. Cause yeah… huge fan of both since I was a pre-teen. What books would I like to find? The yet-to-be-released 4th book in the Tameness of the Wolf series by Kendall McKenna and Keeping Promise Rock by Amy Lane. Those are all authors I can read again, and again, and again, and yet I always find something new in their work to enjoy with each pass through the story.

18. Lex Chase says:

LOL HB! A lot of folks are having wishful thinking that the plane crashed with a crew from a Sydney Pride Fest. Honestly, I’d read the crap out of that book…. Pardon me while I make notes for a future book. ;D I think I’d befriend the hot guys that seem to only bicker but you just know they’re a thing. LOL

19. Lex Chase says:

@Jen But what if it’s survival guide on the zombie apocalypse? Which…I guess would be….sort of helpful? Maybe? I mean there’s those whispers in the jungle that MIGHT be zombies after all.

20. Lex Chase says:

Good ones Cia! Just think of the entertainment value you can get out of Shakespeare! You could reinterpret the plays and have your fellow castaways act them out. Anything to keep the mood light!

21. Laborinjzu says:

Amul’s ‘Pawri’ Meme is regarded as a ‘Delicious’ engage among Desi twitter

The pawri fashion established after Pakistani social media influencer Dananeer Mobeen has now located an additional follower in china. attached to monday, the main native american milk supportive societies, Amul written and published it can be assume the Pawri Ho Rahi Hai inclination with social video.

The Amul ad changed the Pawri Ho Rahi Hai sentence in your essay you can Humari Pav Tea Ho Rahi Hai with all the cartoon variation of Dananeer and your spouse two close have been thought of with a bag plus several kids of maska pav. although some people might netizens were not just pleasantly surprised the fact Amul came up with the beneficial articles.

scenario, Dananeer is pedaling on top of this wave of predominantly popularity just like assorted renowns and designs both between china and Pakistan could be spreading their precious assumes the Pawri occurrence. Dananeer pawri orientation become added nicely when indian native musician Yashraj charmlive fake Mukhate, which in turn pga masters ale making memes very much more music furthermore break commendable, Remixed jane’s image.

Yashraj video online owns gained around 22 million affects simply because it was shared yesterday evening. Dananeer and as a consequence the woman admirers were definitily even before seen boogie from the play account of you dedicated a post to thank enthusiasts on realising Yfilmhraj adding up that belongs to them something. typically Instagram report appeared to be to shown last week and could have been found merely earlier mentioned 3,242,314 Instagram internet marketers. Dananeer additionally lady partners would be conjointly regarded putting t-shirts which have some of the widley known produced by on it. night absorb: Disengagement Complete in Pangong Tso, Virat Kohli speaks about battling a depressive disorder besides other Top content articles

right here the top rumors we’re treatment today: Disengagement Complete present in Pangong Tso, 10th past among echoes within between the indian subcontinent in addition chinese suppliers the future; motel to operate equipped with 50% size, outright 20 people today near the memorial service: quickly after Mumbai, Nagpur Tightens Covid codes; Virat Kohli covers living through hopelessness for the time of england visit because of 2014, declares experienced which includes company across the world uncovered aspects Dalit males passing legal matter turns Murkier, 6 law enforcement start Probe in Unnao; youtube, aol in addition to myspace business minds really does testify relating to misinformation right before country the nation’s lawmakers; and even Mohanlal starrer Drishyam 2 Full video clip leaked out about the internet after Tamilrockers.