Release Day Party — Gerry’s Lion

April 24, 2015

GerrysLion_headerbanner

Greetings Everyone! Welcome to the Release Day Party for Gerry’s Lion!

This novel is my first full length novel with Dreamspinner Press and I’m so thrilled to be able to hold a copy of my work in my hands. Today we’re going to talk a little about the story, I’ll talk about some of my inspiration. In there somewhere I’ll give away some e-books, and I’ll be choosing the winners from folks who respond to my end of post questions in the comments. I love to chat, so feel free to ask me anything!

So first a little more of an in person intro from me:

Gerry’s Lion

Gerald Tanner lost the piece of his life he loved most, his husband Adam. When faced with the prospect of another Christmas with a family who thinks he’s better off now that Adam is gone, Gerry decides instead to revisit the memory of when they met, and boards a Christmas cruise on the Sunrise. He’s not expecting to meet Leo Ystrabov. He certainly never imagined the courageous young man would challenge him into feelings of desire and the possibility of a love that isn’t his precious Adam.

Leo Ystrabov doesn’t quite know how to handle the shattered heart Gerry presents so hesitantly. But the offer is precious, and Leo can’t resist. However, with two families none too eager to accept them and a lot of baggage on both sides, their relationship faces an uphill battle. Leo will have to find his courage to be the lion Gerry sees in him.

I know, sounds a little heavy. There’s a lot of angst in this story for some pretty obvious reasons. So, what attracts you to gay romances? Do your prefer a certain kind? I’m a sucker for a period piece. How about you?

10 Responses to “Release Day Party — Gerry’s Lion”

Although I enjoy contemporary stories, my real loves are fantasy, sci fi, historical, and mysteries, often in combination!

I like a bit of angst in my books :-) I’ll literally read anything but my favorite are sci-fi and fantasy.

3. ashavandoyon says:

Both of you are Sci-fi fantasy fans! That makes me sad. My fantasy story didn’t make it past the editorial guardians at Dreamspinner.

But there’s plenty of angst in this one, H.B.! LOTS.

4. ashavandoyon says:

Susan: there’s something to be said for nice historical, though I like things like steampunk stories that meld the genres into something new.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention steampunk!

6. Denise dechene says:

Hello. Nice to meet you. I’ve been reading MM romance for the last 4 years. For over 30 years I read historical a and mainstream MF novels. I was getting bored as they all seem to be the same. I picked up a MMF and it led me to the MM genre. Now that’s all I read. I pretty much read anything but historical, steampunk or horror. I do like my romances to have a HEA or atmleast a HFN but can live with characters that are happy with their lives at the end of the book.

Sorry so long winded

7. Yvonne says:

I do love angsty contemporary but will read almost
    anything; enjoy historicals,steampunk,fantasy and mysteries.

8. ashavandoyon says:

Denise: I believe in happy endings. I’ve read too many stories that break that convention without being transparent about it, and it drives me nutty.

I enjoy the m/m genre, though I also read mainstream fantasy, where my favorite author is Raymond E Feist.

9. ashavandoyon says:

Yvonne: I write lots of angsty contemporaries! It’s my niche!

10. ashavandoyon says:

Susan: can’t forget the steampunk!