Just the Way You Are – Release Party. 3

April 18, 2015
Just in Time, E E Montgomery

Just in Time, E E Montgomery

We met Jonathan in Just in Time, when Liam and Mark rescued him from Anthony’s attempt on his life, so his personality has basically been set since then. It was just a matter of talking to him and finding out more about him.

Ben is a very different type of person. Ben grew up in a western Queensland mining town. It’s a bit of a rough kind of place, but there’s also a community desire for culture. Ben is a mix of these two things. He’s rough and ready, a strong man, with ‘manly’ hobbies. He plays football and can shoot the left nostril off a bandicoot at 500 paces (not that he would because bandicoots are protected and really cute), but his passion lies in something no one in his home town would ever suspect. Fabric. Not just any fabric. He wants to know about old fabrics, how to care for them and preserve them. He enjoys sewing too, and makes a lot of his own clothes. He’s the best dressed removalist in the state.

Do you have some skills or interests that other people might not expect if they don’t know you well? Tell me about them.

You can find Just the Way You Are at: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=6274

17 Responses to “Just the Way You Are – Release Party. 3”

1. Denise Dechene says:

I cross stitch. I’m not really good at it but find it soothing. I have finished a few projects.

It looks like Ben is a real character ;)
    As for your question i think people wouldn’t expect me to like horror books, i don’t like horror movies but for some reason i love horror books :)

3. eemontgomery says:

I love cross stitch too, but I’m not very good either. I keep losing count and I refuse to unpick my mistakes. If I did that I’d spend more time unpicking than I do stitching. What projects have you done?

4. eemontgomery says:

Angela: horror movies terrify me. They give me nightmares for weeks. At least with books you only see what’s in your imagination, not other peoples’. What’s your favourite horror story?

I love the author John Saul, he writes horror books and they are great :)

6. eemontgomery says:

I haven’t read any of Saul’s work but I’ve heard he’s good. He’s written more than thirty books hasn’t he?

Yes he’s written a lot of books, i haven’t read them all yet ;) but he is really good.

8. eemontgomery says:

What makes his work stand out from others who write in the same genre?

9. Denise Dechene says:

I have completed a 5×7 portrait of 2 wolves on a log for my parents. And some Christmas ornaments. I am currently working on a book mark. I know what you mean about mistakes. I think it makes the piece unique.

10. eemontgomery says:

The wolves sound adorable. I love wolves although I’d probably change my mind if I ever got up close and personal in the wild with one! ;) I remember reading somewhere that when Persian rugs are made a mistake is deliberately woven into the fabric because God is the only one who doesn’t make mistakes. I like the idea that imperfection is desirable. It means I can live life without disappointment.

What picture is on your bookmark?

That’s a difficult question, But Johns character come to life when i read and his books keep me on edge until the end.

12. eemontgomery says:

Angela, it’s great when you find an author who can keep you reading book after book. I’ll have to try one of his books and see if I like them. Even though I’m not much for horror, I appreciate a good writer. Thanks for sharing him with me.

13. Denise Dechene says:

Actually its a bookmark with words. They are the titles to an author I follows books. The word Hope will be down the middle. I was thinking of sending it to him when I finish. I designed it Took me forever though.

14. BabyBarlow says:

Not particular ability but surely they don’t believe me when I say to them that I spent 6 month a year in Africa

15. eemontgomery says:

Denise: designing your own projects. Wow. I’m impressed. That’s real skill, even if you don’t think you do well with it. Congratulations.

16. eemontgomery says:

BabyBarlow: What is it you do when you’re in Africa?

I use to play the flute and not too long ago picked up crocheting. My projects need a little work but I think it’s fun.