Just the Way You Are – Release Party. 6

April 18, 2015

Let’s play a game. Here are some photographs of fabrics I’ve taken out of Ben’s cupboard. Tell me what you think he’s planning on doing with them. I’ll pick one response to receive an ecopy of any one of my books with Dreamspinner Press.

1. Hot pink fake fur

4. Grey Polyester Suiting

4. Grey Polyester Suiting

5. Grey Leather - supple

5. Grey Leather – supple

Tie-dyed Organza

Tie-dyed Organza

7 Responses to “Just the Way You Are – Release Party. 6”

1. eemontgomery says:

I’ll give you some ideas for the fabrics since they’ve all been projects of mine.
    The fur was made into a footstool for my daughter’s 17th birthday, when she moved into the self-contained unit downstairs.
    The suiting was made into trousers.
    I made shoes from the leather for my Medieval costume.
    I haven’t used the linen or organza yet but had planned on a jacket and summer top respectively.

2. Denise Dechene says:

The fur could be used for a pillow on a couch. The leather could be made into a vest. The organza would make a neat t-shirt. The suiting would do for trousers. The linen could be made into a suit jacket for summer wear.

3. eemontgomery says:

Oooh, a leather vest. I don’t wear vests so that never occurred to me, but it’s a great idea.

Great but difficult question since i haven’t read the book yet ;) But i would love it if he would make his wedding suit of these fabricks maybe he can use the pink fabric for his tie? LOL

I think it would be fun for Ben to use all these fabrics together for a fun fantasy costume for a friend’s cosplay. Maybe something along the lines of Chewbacca meets James bond meets Tinkerbell?

6. eemontgomery says:

Angela: funny you should say that… Well, not exactly his wedding, but he did make Jonathan’s suit for Col’s wedding. Not sure about a pink fur tie, though. I’ll think about that one. :)

Susan: Welcome. It’s great to see you here. I love Chewbacca and James Bond, and I love dressing up, so the fantasy costume could be a possibility. I’ll have to talk Ben into it, although it won’t take much. He loves dressing up too.

The fur you can probably use to upholster a small ottoman or chair.
    With the suits my mom would have tried to make a blanket cover out of it or pillow cases. The leather…maybe a bag or purse. You can. Also just use the fabric to make clothes:skirts, tamk tops, shorts…