Just the Way You Are – Release Party. 5

April 18, 2015

I like to do different things. I don’t want to live a life where I wish I did a lot of things but never did. There are a lot of things I would like to do but don’t, but that’s mainly because I can’t fit everything in. It’s not because I lock myself in my house and write (although I do that as well).

Marilyn

Marilyn

Recently I’ve been painting. I paint rooms and furniture mostly, although I occasionally do landscapes and portraits as well.  The portraits and landscapes are done to challenge myself. The rooms and furniture are to help me turn my brain off for a while. Like knitting, I don’t take on large projects unless they can be broken into small, swift actions that I can walk away from when I want to. I’ve been knitting a fair bit as well. Can you guess why?knitting

What do you do when you need to relax?

Find Just the Way You Are at: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=6274

9 Responses to “Just the Way You Are – Release Party. 5”

I think you are knitting for a new family or friend member :)
    Reading, reading and more reading that’s the way i like to relax.

2. Denise Dechene says:

I tried to knit and what a disaster. My daughter learned how to knit in college. She joined a club. Know that she knits and crochets. She has completed quite a few projects Blankets and slippers for us all.

3. eemontgomery says:

The first child-grandchild-great-grandchild for this generation is due in June. We’re all very excited.

Reading – what better way is there to switch off?

4. Denise Dechene says:

I read to relax and sometimes work on a cross stitch project.

5. eemontgomery says:

Denise: your daughter sounds very talented. If you look closely at the photo of my knitting you’ll see how the pattern is all over the place. I can’t count to save myself – my brain is always focused on the next story and I forget to count stitches.

Congratulations :)

7. Denise Dechene says:

But at least you can tell what the finished project is. Not so much with me. And I know for a fact my daughter uses some sort of counter when knitting.

8. eemontgomery says:

Angela: Thank you.

Denise: LOL I have those unrecognisable projects too. When I had a cat, I used to tell people who asked what on earth I was making that it was a cat blanket. I have a row counter to keep track of rows, but of course I have to remember to change the number at the end of every row.

Congratulations! June isn’t too far off so not much longer :-)

To relax I listen to music or read and if I try anything else it just unsettles me.