Good Morning

March 11, 2015

Sean Michael here. I’ve got the blog today to tell you all about Guarding January, my latest release. It came out on Monday and I’m very excited as it’s my first publication from Dreamspinner that is also available in print!

Which begs the question – do you prefer ebook or print? And if you prefer it in print, do you still buy the ebook so you can read it while waiting for your print copy to arrive?

I will randomly choose one of the comments from this post at the end of the day to receive a copy of the print version of the book.

guardingjanuaryLord January is at the top of the charts, only comes out at night, and is usually covered in blood. Say what you will, but the man knows how to put on a great show. But when the Vampire King is let out of rehab, the last thing he expects is someone forcing him to eat real food, hang out in the sun, and generally be a human being.

Rye Sommers, the best bodyguard in the business, has been hired to babysit a rock star whose biggest threat surprisingly isn’t all the hard drugs, desperate groupies, and crazy fans—it’s Lord January himself. But the closer Rye gets, the more LJ turns into sweet, gentle, caring Jeff Smart. He may still be the super-skinny, pierced and inked genius Lord January, but he is slowly shaking his death wish as he sheds the loneliness and exhaustion his stage persona saddled him with.

But as Rye falls in love with the real Jeff, he finds himself in over his head. He knows he can keep Lord January away from the drugs and the groupies, but saving Jeff might force Jeff to choose between his career as Lord January and his very life.

It’s available in ebook and print formats.

Sean Michael

smut fixes everything

20 Responses to “Good Morning”

Good Day and happy release day to you!
    The blurb of this book sounds very good. I like the cover too it’s a bit dark and therefore very intriguing.

As for your question i prefer print books because they feel more reel to me and if you want to look back in the book it’s easier when you have a print book instead of an ebook.

But i buy all my m/m (english)books in ebook because i can buy them and start reading immediatly, also it’s very handy to have all your books on your ereader and you can read anywhere anytime whatever book you want.

2. Sabrina D. says:

I prefer e-book due to space considerations. I read a LOT and wouldn’t be able to fit in my house if all my e-books were in print form. That said there are some authors and some books I own in both!

3. Yvonne says:

Belated happy release day to you.

I have no room in my house for more books so my best purchase ever was my Kindle. I also live in Europe so getting print copies would be too expensive. Not that buying ebooks is cheap and it’s sooo easy to buy more than I have the time to read.Like Angela mentioned it’s so handy to have all those lovely books on a device that fits in a handbag.

4. Debra E says:

Congratulations on the new release! Sounds good.

I would prefer to have print versions of all my books, but with the amount I read and the cost, it just isn’t feasible. I am rarely without my Kindle and love having access to my entire library, but I still often borrow any mainstream fiction I read from my local library.

I do have a few m/m print books that I bought at a book fair and signing. I was more likely to pick up print books when there was an actual brick and mortar store near me, but the only chain store left in a 20 mile radius only carries m/m books online anyway.

5. Antonia says:

I prefer print. There’s just something about holding a print book in my hands. But I read a lot of ebooks too. It’s easy to carry my kindle with me and have lots of books everywhere I go.

6. Amber says:

Oooh, this sounds interesting! I’ll have to pick it up!

And I’m all ebook, all the time – to the point that I won’t read a book if it’s only available in print. I’m a minimalist in a tiny house with a reading addiction. I simply don’t have room for all the books in physical form!

7. SeanMichael says:

Looks like so far the consensus is ebooks for the cost and no space needed factor.

I myself love being able to download a book and read it immediately, but there’s also something to be said for holding a book in my hands and turning the pages.

8. JenCW says:

I have always preferred print books, but I have to say that being able to carry a huge selection of ebooks around with me wherever I go (on my phone) is a huge selling point for ebooks.

Congratulations on getting a DSP book in print! I like print better than ebooks, but the immediate gratification of ebooks is hard to deny.

10. Denise Dechene says:

Congrats on the new book, which I can’t wait to read. I love the smell and feel of print books. But I read fast and have a sick husband, so e-books are wonderful. When he was in the hospital for 2 weeks I had my computer and all my favorite authors to keep me company. I didn’t have to wonder what books to pack or how many to take.

11. SeanMichael says:

ease of transportation is definitely a plus with ebooks over print!

thanks for the congrats, Susan :)

12. Trix says:

I prefer ebooks for most text-heavy books, including most fiction. I reserve print for things like photo and art books, and cookbooks (I finally gave up trying to cook from a Kindle)!

Congrats on your new release. It looks and sounds fantastic.

14. SeanMichael says:

Thank you, HB!

and Trix, those last three definitely sound like things that will be holdouts to print over ebook

15. Katherine H says:

so um, if I say ebook, does that disqualify me? ;p I think I’m actually too lazy to read print O__O because they are so much more unwieldy then my iPhone /o\ Plus, if I read on my phone, then it’s nobody’s business what I’m reading :D But, tbh, if it’s a really gorgeous cover, I’m probably gonna want a print copy – we have several copies of the Harry Potter Books, The Hunger Games, and The Maze Runner books…

16. hellsbells says:

I love ebooks they are more accessible but if I really love a book I will also buy in paperback for when I’m snuggled in my sofa. I have all your hammer stories and velvet glove (originals) on ebook but have all the paperbacks too.

17. Congratulations on the print release as well as the e-book, Sean! I have too many print books to fit my bookshelves, so I went digital last year and invested in a Kindle Fire HD s that I can continue to buy and read lots of books! I devour books on my daily commute and at bedtime, though I confess that there’s still nothing quite like the feel of a new hardback or even soft back book in my hands as I turn the pages! <3 ;)

18. Robin says:

I prefer ebooks but I loved signed printed books. I attend a lot of signings.

19. Waxapplelover says:

I went ebook with my Kindle and haven’t looked back. It’s just so much more convenient for travel. I do miss print books for the page flipping but overall ebooks are my norm.

20. SeanMichael says:

looks like most of us still enjoy holding a paperback, but on the whole like the convenience and lack of space taking of ebooks, very cool