SOME MORE ABOUT ALL BY MYSELF BY KEN BACHTOLD

February 2, 2015

Hi,

It’s snowing here in New York as I write. Sometimes when it’s raining, there’s the sound of raindrops dripping of the rungs of the fire escape outside my window. Occassionally, I stop my busy writing and listen to the “pings” for a time. It’s very soothing and the little break is most welcome. I picture the rain drops falling from step to step on their way to the giant pool below. Am I alone in this sort of fancy or do others out there have such a whim at times?

6 Responses to “SOME MORE ABOUT ALL BY MYSELF BY KEN BACHTOLD”

We have an aquarium (fishtank) and it’s not a small aquarium but a big one. I just love to sit in front of it and watch the fish swim, it has a calming affect on me.

2. JJ says:

It can be nice and cozy to listen to the rain, especially in the evening.

3. Ken Bachtold says:

Hi JJ!

When I was a kid, our house was next to a vacant lot and when it rained it would pelt agaist the wall and invariably send me right off to sleep – feeling very safe. I don’t mind the rain, but I hate the snow. How about you?

4. Ken Bachtold says:

Hi Agnela!!

I was originally from San Franscisco and I had a college friend who lived in the Oakland Hills and had a — you guessed it — fish tank. I used to get almost in a trance while wathcing them. He also had a dog, two recovering fallen doves, and a land turtle who lived in a big box. Big joker, he said, “The turtle is trained.” When I doubted him, he said, “Watch, come out now!” Nothing. He said, “You just wait a while, he’ll come out like I told him!” Do you have any other pets? I’d love a little dog, but my schedule is so weird I don’t think it would be a good idea!

5. JJ says:

Fortunately, I don’t live in snow country. I’ve tried skiing twice, and was horrible. I admire how those who live in snow areas handle the daily troubles of dealing with it.

6. Ken Bachtold says:

Hi JJ!
    Im sorry to have somehow missed this post! I agree about skiing. I went once and had borrowed gloves so I grabbed the rope so as not to scatch them and knocked everyone above me off the rope! Do you have any similar stories about your adventure in the lovely flakes?