Gingerbread Palace Release Day Author Q&A with @emlynley

December 11, 2013

GingerbreadPalace_200x300

I  probably should have posted this a lot sooner!

Since I need to take a break for an evening class for a few hours, here’s your chance to ask me any questions about me, my books at Dreamspinner or anything about writing.

A comment here will also get you an entry for my second giveaway. I’ll be back later to answer questions.

Since I also did not do a proper self-introduction before, here’s a bit about me and my writing.

I’m EM Lynley, and everyone calls me “Em,” which is easier to say than “E M,” right?

I write only m/m erotic romance, and have been with Dreamspinner since 2009. Most of my work is contemporary, and just about all of it has a mystery/suspense element, since that’s my favorite genre to read.

Italian Ice by EM Lynley Paperback

I am trying some new things and expect to be writing some paranormal/fantasy in the future!  I recently finished a BDSM mystery/suspense novel for Dreamspinner. I can tell you the research for that was fun!

I am a former economist, so many of my books have a financial element too. Now I’m living near San Francisco, and I’ve worked in London, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C.

Some of my guilty pleasures: 80′s music, the TV show White Collar, and just about anything that has coconut or watermelon in it.

What are some of your guilty pleasures? Got a question you want to ask about or any of my series or characters? If you’ve read any of my stories, I’d love to know what you thought of them.

8 Responses to “Gingerbread Palace Release Day Author Q&A with @emlynley”

1. My guilty pleasures include a lot of television. I have a lot of shows that I have to watch every week. it takes a lot of time away from writing, but what can I do?

I’ve read the first two books of this series. I plan to read the rest, but my To-Read List is sooo long. But I’ll get there. I really enjoyed the first two books, especially “An Intoxicating Crush.”

2. Andrea M says:

I’ve read all the Delectables but this one and of all the things I remember about them, it’s the ice cream in the first one that sticks with me. Are all those flavors real or was it your creativity? I wanted to sample all of them. And my guilty pleasures are reading while eating chocolate – or anything else sugary and unhealthy.

3. Cia Nordwell says:

I haven’t had the chance to buy any of your stories but I’ve read your free story, Pineapples & Chocolate. I really enjoyed it. I love the mix of men, food, men… :P So, quick question. How do you decide on the next food theme? Is it seasonal for the publication date? A favorite cookbook sequence? Whatever strikes your fancy? My guilty pleasure is, and will always be, a book. eBook, real book, I NEED to read to be happy. Getting a new book makes my budget cry a lot, but the pleasure of reading beats it out most of the time. Like buyer’s guilt… without the remorse, lol.

My guilty pleasure is eating chocolate and reading yaoi. I’m sorry to say I haven’t had the opportunity to read any of your books. I do like the covers and blurbs I’ve seen though and I’m definitely going to put a few of your books on my TBR list.

5. EM Lynley says:

Hi Sophie, I’m thrilled you enjoyed “Crush.” It was fun to write about something I know well. I used to have a lot of favorite shows too, but now I have to pick carefully or I don’t get enough writing done. :D Thank you for commenting today.

6. EM Lynley says:

I’m so pleased you liked “Brand New Flavor.” I made up all the ice cream flavors, but I did check with some chefs and I spent some time at a sorbet shop for research, and everyone agreed the flavors could work. The problem was the base idea I created would take a lot of trial and error, so I decided not to use recipes since they would not taste like my imagination. Almost everyone says they crave ice c ream while reading that book!

7. EM Lynley says:

Thanks for stopping by HB. Hope you enjoy it when you get to reading one!

8. EM Lynley says:

Hi Cia,
    You see the food theme all the way back to 2009 I think when I wrote Pineapples & Chocolate!
    I have many different ways to get ideas for stories. Sometimes it’s the food itself, like with Brand New Flavor I wanted to have a guy making ice cream. For Gingerbread Palace, I started with the firefighter and then had to decide what my chef would make to ensure he would cross paths with the firefighter. I happen to love gingerbread so my brain found a way to connect a lot of dots. Looking back it seems more complicated to arrange :D

As a kid I lovee to read as my escape from the real world. Now that I write, that is how I escape!
    Thank you for stopping by!