Detour – Excerpt 3

April 13, 2011

When Robert realizes that Miguel is very interested. (wicked grin)

Detour by Talia Carmichael
Now available from Dreamspinner Press
Buy Link

Excerpt:

Miguel withdrew, then turned and walked away. Robert pressed against the door, locking his knees so he didn’t fall. Miguel stopped at the base of the stairs and looked at Robert over his shoulder.

“Aren’t you coming?”

“You’re gay?” Robert breathed.

“Finally, you’ve got a clue. When you can walk, I’ll be in the bedroom waiting for you.” Miguel flashed Robert a devastating smile that lit up the handsome planes of his face.

He turned and went up the stairs. Robert watched his firm ass go. He’s gay, and he wants me.

What are you waiting for, idiot? Go after him, his inner voice, which sounded like Alex, said in his head.

Fumbling, he pulled up his boxers and pants. Holding them, he ran to the stairs. At the top, he went right to where he knew Miguel’s room was. The door was open. He paused, taking a breath before going inside. His breath whooshed out as he took in the sight before him. Miguel was naked. All that butterscotch skin was looking very lickable. Miguel was sprawled across his big, king-sized bed, his fingers curled around his cock, stroking himself. Enthralled, Robert walked over to the bed.

“Strip,” Miguel said.

Robert let go of his pants, starting to pull them off.

“Slower.” Miguel’s demand stopped him.

He frowned. Miguel smiled, a wicked twist of lips.

“Strip. Slowly. I want to see you. I’ve been waiting for this.”

12 Responses to “Detour – Excerpt 3”

1. Kristi C. says:

That is totally one of my favorite parts of the book! :)

2. Nikyta says:

Miguel is so aggressive! *shivers* I like it! Lol

3. Kristi C. it was one of mine too. And so sexy too. (shiver)

4. Nikyta,

Miguel is that and so much more. He made Robert crazy in a good way of course. (grin)

5. Andrew Grey says:

Congratulations Talia. It’s a great feleing when one of your first ‘children’ takes to the world.

6. Thanks Andrew. And it is a good and nervous feeling all mixed together.

7. Andrew Grey says:

I understand. Just think good thoughts and take heart that your story is already in thge DSP top ten for novellas. That has to be encouraging.

Andrew

8. Thanks for the great advice Andrew. It means a lot coming from you. And I didn’t even realize that Detour is on the DSp top ten novellas. Wow. Thanks for letting me know. (wide giddy grin)

9. Andrew Grey says:

You’re welcome. Enjoy your day.

10. Thanks so much for coming by.

11. monica says:

Congratulations on your new release ^__^

Cant wait to read Detour and Sparks!

12. Thanks Monica. Hope you enjoy Detour and Sparks when it is released.